Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Saved by the Mail

I was hoping I would get two projects ready for blog publication, but they didn’t come to fruition.  They will not in the time frame I had hoped.  One is the instructions for the Merida costume I mentioned and the other is the baby blanket.  The Merida costume will have to wait until next Halloween season.  Sorry!

I was saved by the mail for a possible blog post for today.  Two items came in the mail.  The first was from The Stitchery (thanks Susan and Stephanie!).  It was my registration for my machine and my two year subscription to The Love of Knowledge
If you haven’t had an opportunity to check out the classes there, please give it a look  (www.babylock.com/knowledge).  They have overview classes for several Babylock machines – sergers, sewing machines and embroidery machines. 



The other article of mail was my December/January 2018 issue of Threads magazine.  
I have been a subscriber of this magazine almost from the beginning.  I discovered this magazine on my mission while serving in Yuma, AZ.  It is one of the only magazines to which I subscribe.  (Nothing against any other sewing magazines out there, just what I prefer.)  This issue has an article written by Gale Patrice Yellen about serger feet.
I’m looking forward to learning more about these feet - lace applicator and ruffler.  (This is a two-part article - next issue will include blind-hem and elastic application feet.  I believe all these feet are included in the Triumph's 29 foot and attachment kit.)  If you have not been introduced to Ms. Yellen, she has videos on YouTube as well as she teaches serger classes through Craftsy.  She has written Serger Essentials: Master the Basics & Beyond!  Unfortunately, I don't have this book in my sewing library.

No comments:

Post a Comment